What are the hire charges
|All hourly room hire charges include VAT and use of kitchenette
||Infrequent Bookings or Commercial
|Room 1 & 2 combined
|Room 2 & 3 combined
|All Building (Excl Main Kitchen)
|Separate Kitchen Hire Charge per 3 hour session
|Projector and screen etc. Hire Charge per session
|Glasses, Crockery & Cutlery Hire per six place settings
|– Rectangular per table
|– Square per table
|Discounts available for multiple bookings.
What is included in the hire cost
- Room hire
- Use of tables and chairs
- Use of the kitchenette
Separately charged items:
- Sound system
- Projection equipment
- Main Kitchen
- Cutlery hire
- Glass hire
- Crockery hire
- Tablecloth hire
How many will The Centre hold?
NOTE: The capacity numbers are non-negotiable as this affects our licence, insurance and most importantly the safety of your guests.
Tables, chairs and other things
- We have 120 matching chairs
- 12 x 1830 x 760 tables seating up to 8 people.
- 14 x 1830 x 685 tables seating up to 6 people.
- 14 x 915 x 685 tables seating up to 4 people.
- We can hire in round tables at an extra charge if required – 1800 round seating 10 people
- Dance floor hire – a small dance floor can be hired if required at an extra charge. Details on application.
Licensing, alcohol and bars
- We do not hold an independent license. There is no problem with you providing your own bar providing the necessary license has been obtained and details provided to the Centre at time of booking. See our Conditions of Hire.
Decorating the various rooms
- We are quite happy for the rooms to be temporarily decorated, for example when holding a children’s party, providing there is no damage. All damage found will be chargeable to the hirer. No tape or drawing pins are to be used. All decorations are to be removed at the end of the hire period.
Catering, kitchen, cutlery, table linen and glassware.
- You are free to bring in your own event caterers if you wish, subject to the separate hire charge for the main kitchen. We will require relevant proof of hygiene training and full adherence to the kitchen-cleaning regime.
- If required we can put you in touch with a local caterer who is familiar with all the kitchen equipment and has fully trained staff. The cater can provide additional crockery and glassware should you require it.
- We have all basic crockery, cutlery and glasses for hire if needed
Music, discos, live music, sound systems and lighting
- We do allow discos and live music. A maximum volume of 95dB is MANDATORY [ this level can be reinforced by our local Environmental Health inspectors if there are complaints]. This is to ensure we do not upset our neighbours or damage your guests hearing.
- All doors and windows must remain closed during performance times.
Travel, parking and access
- Getting to the Centre is easy. We are about 1 mile from the A60. There is easy access to the M1 and A1. See the map on the How to Find Us page.
- There is parking on site. There is also some street parking available but this must be carried out with consideration to others.
Set up Clear Away
- We will provide your room pre-set in the format you have chosen if we can. If your choice is not practicable we will discuss available options with you.
- The hire period INCLUDES the set up and clearing away times for your items. If you have a large amount of setting up/clearing away please allow for the extra time when booking.
- We will clear away our equipment tables and chairs etc.
- You are responsible for any items you have brought into the Centre.
- You are also responsible for sweeping up and removing any rubbish generated during your stay.
A DEPOSIT – to cover breakages, damage etc. will be required for all one off bookings.